We've all had our Ms. Misery and Ms. Bee Bop moments. Here are some tips for our double personalities.
MS. MISERY being confronted by MS. BEE BOP
- If you are so far gone that you can't accept a little smile and a good morning just lock yourself in your room and send out an SOS.
- Give Ms. Bee Bop fair warning that you are not accepting any happiness in a very matter of fact manner. Ms. Bee Bop just wants the facts
- Let Ms. Bee Bop take her Happy Hammer and tap your misery shell so a little happiness can seep in.
- Once Ms. Misery has stated the facts, test the waters with non confrontational waves.
- Don't engage in happy conversation, just bring her her favorite soft drink. Ms. Misery really wants her happiness to come out, but it can't be forced. Wait for her to start talking.
- If her conversation is all about her misery, smile and nod, provide support, only give advise if requested.
- Do not feed the misery animal with misery snacks. It will cause a feeding frenzy.
Smile, nod and let your happiness show in your actions. Much harder said than done for sure. A little less conversation a little more action can go a long way.