Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Real Important Stuff


Kids spending time with Grandpa.




Paige and Grandma planting flowers together at our new permanent campsite. Next to the new deck hubby and grandpa built.



Gavin making new friends and playing outside.




Helping Others.



Showing my husband how much I appreciate everything he does!
The Memorial Weekend was glorious. We worked hard and had peaceful relaxing moments. We moved our camper to a permanent spot, built a deck along side, hung a hammock, planted flowers and made it like a little home away from home, minus the housework, television and computers. We're going to really like spending time together. I even had a few lucky rolls in Yatzee, but my son said I couldn't yell "YATZEE" anymore.
You know what is really important stuff in your life. Hold it, squeeze it, gaze at it and hold it in your heart. Finally, be grateful. I finished my weekend by watching the bucket list. Carter asked Edward how he would answer these two questions as he approached the pearly gates of heaven, "did you find joy in your life?" and "were you a joy to others"
It's simple and it's important.
Love you!

4 comments:

bethany said...

Great list, and reminder. JOY to you!

M.E. Greene said...

Hey you... glad you had a great weekend. Looks like you've been up to lots of fun and memorable things! Enjoy the start of your summer. Thinking of you!

Gabrielle said...

Wow, so FUN! We used to have a trailer but now we have a tent, :) I'm glad you are resting in joy and enjoying a good game of yatzee!!

Unknown said...

Ahh....cute grandpa..cute kids.