Friday, May 8, 2009

That Dreaded F Word

It is unfortunate when we allow fear to direct our decisions and actions. When I parent with fear I have that tone in my voice. You know that tone that you hear from other mothers and think to yourself, "Oh my gosh, I am sure I sound like that mother on occasion and I don't like the way that sounds."

Exchange fear for a couple different "f" word, FUEL, FUN AND FAITH. They will help you shred some fear.

I have a dictionary of encouragement. Here are a few more "f" words to savor.

Fabric - Do you wish to be great? Then begin in being. Do you desire to construct a vast and lofty fabric? Think first about the foundations of humility. The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. Saint Austine

Feed - Stop feeding the beast of inaction and eventually it will die of starvation.

A good intention but fixed and resolute - bent on high and holy ends, we shall find means to them on every side and at every moment; and even obstacles and oppression will but makes us "like the fabled specter-ships," which sail the fastest in the very teeth of the wind. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spread JOY. Shred FEAR. Have FUN.

1 comment:

M.E. Greene said...

Kim, you can tell where my head is. I saw "the dreaded F word" and my first thought was, FAT!!! Hee hee. I'm working out now and eating healthier (again) to combat THAT dreaded F word. But yea, FEAR is even worse. Icky. You gotta wash your mouth out with soap when you are using that one. :)