Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Are My Fangs Showing?"

I've been here before. Sitting in bed with my electronic journal. Desperate to write a stunning, inspirational, funny, insightful post. I had wanted to write about the wonderful mini vision board workshop I conducted Monday, but my patience has been on my mind quite a bit lately. The light, fun vision board post will need to wait a day or two.

Just a little baffled over how it (my patience) can be like those indestructible Sears Tuffskin jeans, as I brave the morning and as thin as my grandmothers apron by about 7:00 pm. At this hour I find myself in a kind of prayer that is more like a plea. Lord, place some wisdom upon my head and peace upon my heart. "What was so abrasive that it could have gnawed away, at what I believe to be steel infused denim."

I'm convinced it is more likely an inner venom, eating away from the inside out, rather than the outside in. It weakens my fibers, causing minor abrasions to erode away the strands. As quickly as the fangs show, love kicks in and causes a retraction. I wonder, "Is there any mother who has never been at this place I find myself as the day turns to night?" Surely not!? I am also convinced that being a parent is the toughest job, equally weighted with fringe benefits.

Gavin comes home with holes in the knees of his pants more times than I would like. It reveals his action packed day. It seems we have all had "our" day away, ready to drop into the safety net of our home. We do retract the fangs quickly. In an odd way I find comfort in it all, just like Grandma's apron.

I know, a bit dramatic. Thank you for stopping by and listening. Restored peace of mind, yet again.

1 comment:

LadyJtalks said...

goosh, I've had months like this right now...lol...You would be correct in feelings. Where they come from I don't fight any more, I just wonder where they were hiding is all. Inspirational even if you didn't think so. LadyJ