Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More Scavenger Hunt than Map ~ Hunting Precious Metals





The next time you are in bed and can't sleep because you have ideas and dreams dancing in your head, there is only one thing to do. Get out of bed, find every magazine in the house and start flipping through the pages. Pull out words and pictures that resonate with ideas and dreams in your head. Go to bed. The next day prepare to arrange your pictures and words onto a foam core poster board. I recommend this type of poster board because it is rigid and will stand up better.


January 2009 I got out of bed at 3 am and made the vision board pictured above, which proclaims, "From OC to NYC." I am going to NYC next week to speak at a special celebration for women who live at Safe Horizon Shelter, which is being hosted by Martha Stewart Living Omni Media. Many women have come together to make this happen. Much more is planned for the 2 day event and I will share more with you after I return.


Last week I was invited to contribute to The Survivor Manual website. It is supported by Angela Shelton and the Angela Shelton Foundation. Angela Shelton lives in California. I will be supporting the empowerment of survivors of sexual and domestic abuse to live joyful lives.


Since the January 2009 vision board creation, I have made one trip to Chicago and two trips to Detroit. I will be in NYC next week, Kansas City is on the itinerary for March and Asheville in October. When I dreamt of a Traveling Sanctuary my heart knew it meant I would be expanding my territory, as I constantly had dreams about boarding planes.


Attending church this Sunday, I asked for a sign that I was on the right path and God said, "OK" and gave me a loving slap on the face. The service was titled "Celebrate Recovery". Here is one song meant just for me entitled, Sanctuary. Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary, pure and holy, tried and true. With thanks giving I will be a living sanctuary for You.

One is not driven by their purpose, one is led by their purpose. It's like you have a magnet in your heart and as you face different directions, people and places, you will feel a tug as you face your own precious metals. Trust the tug. Let it lead you, like my nose leads me to cooking bacon.

No comments: