Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fruity Tuity (Tooty) - Compliment?

Mom, "You are so Fruity Tuity any more." I am not really sure where my 13 year old daughter got the term fruity tuity and I am still contemplating its degree of compliment. She's not completely comfortable with how mom expresses her emotions freely. Its like if mom is so open that means I have to be open and I am not always comfortable with that.

Let's take FRUITY....... Tart but sweet...Nourishing.....Aromatic....Colorful

Here is the definition from Urban Dictionary and I will highlight the adjectives that suit me:


"Fruity" has a precise meaning, but is difficult to define. Loosely speaking, the word refers to something which is cheerfully and perkily saccharine, naïve, generic, corny, banal, innocuous, un-self-consciously dippy, sexually neutered (or, conversely, having perverse subtexts), or just plain dumb - and is amusing because of it. Dorkiness which doesn't even know that it's dorky, but celebrates its own dorkiness anyway: that which is flamboyantly and happily retarded. Closely synonymous with gay, in the not-necessarily-homosexual sense.

Now let's take Tuity or Tooty?

Here is the definition from Urban Dictionary. I am quite surprised with this definition.

something or someone that defines perfection. usually refers to a person.
Not only does he make me feel special in a way no one has, but he is just all around tooty.


Paige gave me a compliment and didn't even know it. How special is that. She just called me the perfect dork. LOL!!! She agrees with this summation and so do I.

The picture posted is Paige's Fruity Tooty picture entitled, "Peace Begins with Me". I love it. Look a curvy girl, a stick boyish figured girl and an athletic girl. They all agree, If it's to be it's up to me. Go be who you are even if its Fruity Tooty.

No comments: