Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Nose Knows

Your nose knows, my nose knows and my dog's nose knows. Scents have an uncanny ability to trigger memories because they are the only sense that directly connects to the part of the brain that stores emotional memories. Oh to be a dog.



My nose diary:


I love the smell of rubber. I can't walk through Wal-Mart's automotive department without taking a deep breath. I had the hots for a guy in high school who was a gear head and we probably made out next the stack of new tires at the auto shop????? I like the power of an 8 cylinder muscle car too. Boy that Chevy had some power.


I love walking to Marien's Deli over my noon hour to have lunch. I walk in and instant comfort. It brings me back to my grandma's kitchen. Homemade bread, rhubarb jam, dill pickles, ham. We lived 7 hours away from my grandparents. Grandma would make ham sandwiches with butter for our trip back home. Mariens makes ham sandwiches with butter and other really good comfort food.


When I was a little girl I got scared a lot at night and would go to my parents room. I knew which pillow was my dad's.


I carry Bath and Body Works Instant Aromatherapy Headache Relief. Peppermint and Geranium. I'm not sure how it works but it opens up something and must let oxygen flow. Oxygen is good for the brain you know.

Corn beef hash, not so good.

NOW GO SMELL YOUR ROSES WOULD YOU? GO ON A SMELLING SPREE. IT'S PRETTY MUCH FREE.

No comments: